Francis J. Sipprell
Francis J. Sipprell was a photographer specializing in portraiture. He moved to Buffalo in 1895, began working in Eleck F. Hall’s studio in 1898, and in 1902 opened his own studio at 487 Delaware Avenue. His sister, Clara E. Sipprell joined him in the studio in 1905. In 1913, he became a member of the Executive Committee for the Professional Photographers Association of New York. He was a member of the Buffalo Camera Club, becoming secretary in 1914. In 1938, Francis Sipprell moved his studio to East Aurora. When he retired in 1948, the business was passed to his son, Allen.