Special Event | The Art of Video Games
Friday, July 14, 2017, 9–11 pm
At sunset see what happens when the surface of the museum in The Front Yard tranforms into an immersive, video gaming gallery. Visitors are invited to play:
- The Unfinished Swan on the PlayStation 4
- Journey on the PlayStation 3
- Tetris on the Nintendo Entertainment system
- Mario Paint on the Super Nintendo
- Games created by local developer Jose (JR) Rodriguez. Born in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, Jose (“JR”) Rodriguez grew up in New York City and has called Buffalo home since 2001. Inspired by the classic coin-op games of the 8-bit era, JR been making digital art and coding original games since the early 80’s. A graduate of F.I.T., his work has been featured in Communication Arts and PRINT magazine, and has been shown a number of art galleries in Buffalo and NYC. As curator of SP@CE224 Gallery, JR coordinated “8BIT Buffalo“ a yearly celebration of classic video game art and music. Presently he serves as the Director of Digital Strategy for FARM, an idea cultivation agency, as well as being the sole proprietor of JRVisuals, a creative technology studio focused on creating playful experiences for advertising, education, and social transformation. Jose lives in the Elmwood Village with his two sons and their cat Hamilton. When he’s not making art or coding games he likes to sit in meditation, study Tibetan Buddhism, and listen to live music.
Special Event | July M&T Second Friday
Friday, July 14, 2017, 10 am–8 pm
Join us for July M&T Second Friday!