Charles E. Burchfield (1893-1967), Autumnal Fantasy, 1916-1944; watercolor on joined paper, 39 x 54 inches; Private Collection
Class / Workshop | Annual Evening for Educators
Thursday, October 24, 2013, 4–6:30 pm
We welcome all current and future Western New York educators to our annual Evening for Educators. Please come join us as we celebrate the beginning of another school year.
The evening’s events:
- 3:30 to 5:30 Welcome and Registration
- 4:00 to 6:30 Coffee & Cookies in Burchfield's Cafe
- 4:00 to 5:00 Whistles and Ocarinas (workshop): Craft ceramic whistles with famed ceramic artist Deb Stewart (Limit 20 participants)
- 4:00 to 5:00 Woodland Dimensions (workshop): Create a three-dimensional homage to Charles E. Burchfield with artist/teacher/docent Carol Molnar
- 4:15 to 4:30 Crafting a Collection: Collector Joseph Lonzi shares thoughts on collecting
- 4:30 to 5:00 Art Meets Technology: Let There Be Light: Explore the Useum with the exhibition artist Shasti O’Leary Soudant
- 5:00 to 5:30 Ben Perrone: Illusion/Delusion: Artist Ben Perrone discusses his installation
- 5:00 to 6:00 Whistles and Ocarinas (workshop): Craft ceramic whistles with famed ceramic artist Deb Stewart (Limit 20 participants)
- 5:30 to 6:30 The Art of Paper (workshop): Bookmaking and collage with award-winning collage artist Russell Ram
- 5:45 to 6:15 Charles E. Burchfield: By Design: Designers Brian Grunert, and Kyle Morrissey of White Bicycle: See the exhibition through the eyes of the design team that co-curated the exhibition
- 6:00 to 6:30 Disclosure: Women of the Burchfield Penney Collection: Docent led tours
- 6:00 to 6:30 Art in Craft Media 2013: Docent led tours
For more information, or to register, please contact Joseph Lonzi at 716-878-3215 or Mary Marino Kozub at 716-878-3156 or email Mary at email@example.com.
This program is free of charge. Proof of professional development credit will be provided which may be accepted by school districts.