Burchfield Penney Art Center Museum Store Consignment Procedure
These are the steps for artists to follow in order to sell work at The Museum Store. For more information, please call The Musem Store at 716-878-3595 during gallery hours or email the Burchfield Penney.
- Please submit a photograph or sample of item(s) to the Burchfield Penney Art Center for consideration
- The Burchfield Penney Art Center will review such items and respond to the artist within 30 days of initial contact
- Item(s) will be accepted on the basis of quality, the artist’s affiliation and/or relevance to the Western New York region, artistic and educational impact and salability of the product
- The Burchfield Penney Art center reserves the right to limit the quantity of items by any one artist
- The Burchfield Penney Art Center reserves the right of refusal on acceptance of additional items after the initial consignment period of three months
- Based on approval, the artist will provide along with goods for sale:
- Artist Statement in the form of a brief biography or resume (at least enough copies to distribute with the merchandise)
- A detailed listing / description of each item along with the suggested retail price and quantity
- Appropriate storage, packing, and selling materials where necessary
- Special care instructions for display in the Burchfield Penney Store and/ or use of the item by the customer
- Contact information name, address, phone number, e-mail
- A Standard Art Consignment Agreement to be signed by both the artist and the Center at the time the sales goods are delivered to the Center, along with the artist’s Social Security number for future payment
- Any change to the Standard Art Agreement is to be in writing and dated appropriately.
- Additional items may be accepted after the initial term of consignment must be rendered as previously outlined terms