A treasured experience for all
A visit to the Burchfield Penney is filled with countless opportunties to observe, imagine and explore. We simply ask that all guests follow these few, simple guidelines in order to protect the artwork and respect other visitors. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
- Photography is permitted, without a flash or tripod. Photography is exhibition-specific and permission may change without notice.
- Drawing and writing with pencil only is permitted in the galleries. Pencils are available at Visitor Services.
- Even the slightest touch can damage artwork. Please view works from a safe distance.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Food, drink and chewing gum are not permitted in the galleries.
- For the convenience of our guests, there are lockers available at the museum entrance. The lockers require a refundable quarter and are available during hours of operation. All large bags (over 13" x 17"), backpacks, tripods and umbrellas should be placed in a locker prior to entering the galleries.
Accessibility and wheelchairs
The Burchfield Penney Art Center is committed to making its exhibitions and events open to all, and is designed to be fully accessible for people with special needs, disabilites or mobility challenges. Wheelchairs are available and can be reserved in advance by calling (716) 878-6011 during gallery hours.
Burchfield Penney Art Center
at Buffalo State College
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14222
Phone 716 878 6011