Call for Works for Art in Craft Media 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Burchfield Penney Art Center announced a call for entries for Art In Craft Media 2013. Presented by the Sylvia L. Rosen Endowment for Fine Art in Craft Media, the 12th juried, biennial exhibition celebrates and explores the contemporary work of fine artists of the region working with glass, wood, fiber, clay and metal. For the 2013 exhibition, a group of highly qualified jurors with expertise in three-dimensional media will select the works. The exhibition will be on view Saturday, October 12, 2013 – Sunday, January 19, 2014.
- To be eligible, artists must be current or past residents of Western New York state (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming and Monroe Counties).
- Works in clay, fiber, glass, metal and wood which have been completed in the past two years will be considered.
- The deadline for entries is Friday, May 31, 2013.
- For more information about the exhibition or submitting work, contact Mary Helen Miskuly by email at BPCraft@buffalostate.edu.
- Submissions will be in the format of digital images 300 dpi at 4 x 6 inches (minimum) in either tif or jpeg formats uploaded to https://burchfieldpenney.slideroom.com/#/Login
- Works are selected by digital projector/monitor review. Artists may submit up to four works. Submissions should be in a digital format, jpeg or tif files at 300 dpi resolution.
- Both traditional and contemporary work will be selected on the basis of quality, uniqueness, originality and aesthetic integrity. One work by each selected artist will be illustrated in the exhibition catalog.
Sylvia L. Rosen Endowment Purchase Award
- One or more works will be selected for the permanent collection of the Burchfield Penney Art Center.
- Up to $3,000 in purchase awards will be made.
- Artists whose works are purchased must transfer full title for the awarded work to the Burchfield Penney.
- One artist will be selected for a solo-exhibition in the Sylvia L. Rosen Gallery in 2014.
- No entry fee.
- Up to four works may be submitted, represented by one or two images for each.Entry format is jpeg, tif or pdf files uploaded via https://burchfieldpenney.slideroom.com/#/Login Each image must clearly indicate : artist’s name, title and date of work, medium, size in inches (height x width x depth)
- The resumé should include the following: year of birth, education, selected recent exhibitions (include date, exhibition title, site, city, state), collections, awards/honors, publications and connection to Western New York.
- Resumés and images from accepted artists will be filed in the Burchfield Penney archives.
- Entries must be received by 5 pm, Friday, May 31, 2013. Late or incomplete entries will not be considered.