Angelina began dancing in 1999 at the age of seven at the Royal Academy of Ballet (RAB), under the direction of Elizabeth DiStazio-Waddell. She excelled in ballet, starting en pointe in 2003. She developed her artistry not only in ballet, but also in jazz, modern, contemporary, and musical theatre taught by Stacy Zawadzki-Janusz, as well as Kevin Leary and Heather Leary in later years. Angelina has also had the honor to perform with prestigious groups through the GBYB, such as the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and Moving Miracles in outreach performances over the years. She has also performed at the Elmwood Arts Festival, the Lewiston Arts Festival, Toyfest in East Aurora; with Stacy Zawadzki’s Performing Arts Center (ZPAC) at the Music Is Art Festival, and The Erie County Fair. And most recently at WNY Pagan Pride Festival 2018.
In addition, Angelina was invited to attend the Syracuse University Summer Dance Intensive in 2007, as well as the Ballet Met Columbus Summer Intensive in 2008, and again in 2009. She was selected by audition to dance in a full-length version of The Nutcracker with Ballet Met Columbus in December of 2007 at Shea’s Theatre in Buffalo NY. Angelina has since had the opportunity to teach ballet, pointe, and body conditioning classes to students from toddlers to adults at ZPAC, starting in 2014. She now is also a freelance ballet teacher, focusing on adult students within the Buffalo dance community.
The Royal Academy of Ballet and Dance (RAB): 1999-Present
Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Hip-hop, Acro, Modern, Musical Theatre
Instructors: Ballet, Pointe, and Acro with Elizabeth DiStazio-Waddell; Jazz, Modern and Musical theatre with Stacy Zawadzki-Janusz,; Jazz with Kevin Leary, and Heather Leary; and Hip-hop with Patrick Leahy.
Three-time recipient of the Ginger Burke Memorial Dance Scholarship.
Stacy Zawadzki’s Performing Arts Center (ZPAC): 2013-2017
Choreography and Contemporary
• Syracuse University Summer Dance Intensive – 2007
• Ballet Met Columbus Summer Dance Intensive – 2008, and in 2009, chosen for the extended program for more advanced students.
Performed soloist and leading roles with the Greater Buffalo Youth Ballet in full-length versions of:
• The Buffalo original Three Wishes as: Suzie - 2005, The Red Wish - 2006, and The White Wish -2008
• Coppelia as: Friend of Swanhilda’s – 2006 and 2009, Dawn variation - 2009
• Cinderella as: The Autumn Fairy – 2008, Evil Step-sister - 2011
• The Firebird as: Demi-soloist Princess – 2007
• Sleeping Beauty as: The Enchanted Garden Fairy, and Puss N’ Boots Pas de Deux – 2010
• Chosen to perform soloist roles in variations from ballets such as:
The Nutcracker, La Bayadere, Raymonda, Don Quixote, Toyshop Fantasy, and Swan Lake.
• Ballet Met Nutcracker at Shea’s, in Buffalo NY – Selected by audition to perform with other students around the city with the Ballet Met Columbus Ballet Company in 2007.
• Class Assistant for Music and Movement Class at RAB – 2004 and 2005 seasons
• Rehearsal Instructor/Assistant for performances of Three Wishes, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and The Firebird at RAB through the GBYB – 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010 seasons
• Class Assistant for level 3 (of 5) Ballet Class at RAB – 2007 and 2008 season
• Class Instructor for Intermediate Ballet, Beginning Pointe, and Technique classes at ZPAC: 2014-2015 season
• Class Instructor for Intermediate Ballet, Adult Ballet, Intermediate Pointe, and Technique Classes at ZPAC: 2015-2016 season
• Class Instructor for Pre-Ballet Combo Class, Beginner Ballet, Adult Ballet, Intermediate Pointe, Technique, and Stretch Classes at ZPAC: 2016-2017 season
• Freelance: 6 week Intro to Ballet series at Bird’s Nest Circus Arts, September 2018
Profile photograph by Christopher Ronald Shipman at Legacy Photography.