Social and Digital Content Specialist
Position Summary: The Social and Digital Content Specialist is responsible for the Center’s web and social media presence creating and implementing representation in varying online spaces that align with organizational strategy and captured as authentic by the users of the varying social and digital channels we occupy. This includes both explicit marketing and promotion, as well as finding ways to develop a digital brand/voice that authentically and uniquely expresses the Center’s values to engage a wide range of users.
This position will have a highly public voice and platform, and thus requires top-notch writing and storytelling skills, a passion for connecting the public to art and museum experiences, sound judgement, great attention to detail, and an interest in innovative approaches to connecting with diverse audiences. Because response times in communication are expected to be quick, the role requires the off-hour monitoring of and response to social channels.
The Social and Digital Content Specialist works to market the Center and promote exhibitions, public programs and educational efforts, as well as furthers awareness and engagement with the museum’s brand through communications on a range of topics. This is accomplished via our organizational website (currently being redesigned, with launch scheduled for Fall), a range of social media channels, e-communications with members and the general public, and paid/boosted social and explicit marketing buys aligned with online strategies (including some interface with design and marketing agencies working with the Center).
Job Functions Responsibilities
Content Creation and Online Engagement
- Create engaging content that reflects the vision and voice of the Center, nimbly adapting it to reflect the unique user profiles of various channels.
- Plan and coordinate a schedule of regular content creation and posting by different departments of the organization to sustain user interest and balance competing organizational priorities.
- Maintain the Center’s website using the content management system as well as by coordinating the posts and updates of others, ensuring the site is engaging and accurate.
- Develop strategies for pairing our varying channels with content that is the most appropriate and engaging, using testing and analytics to evaluate success.
- For exhibitions and programs, create content and marketing efforts that draw audience to the physical Center.
- Create and coordinate online campaigns to attract audience to programs, events, and fundraisers.
- Ensure all online content supports positive engagement and brand values.
- Build partnerships with organizations and artists that support the Center’s position and brand.
- Stay current on social media trends, ensuring the Center stays ahead of the curve by shifting resources and attention to new media platforms and content types over time.
- Develop and run regularized analytic reports that help leadership understand the reach, efficacy and potential of various channels and the website.
- Support the creation of other kinds of content and materials, digital or physical, as assigned
Member and Stakeholder E-communications
- Manage calendarized delivery of messaging to members about activities at the museum.
- Work with development department, director, and deputy director to create mini-campaign messaging and delivery to discrete audiences to increase their level of participation and engagement.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and designers involved in creating and distribution of all e-communications.
- Maintain a production and media calendar, ensuring colleagues and providers hew to deadlines and standards for the rollout of content and marketing.
- Help build excitement and engagement from colleagues in generating ideas for, and executing, content and communication projects.
- Assist in the use of digital communication strategies for internal communications
- Other duties as assigned.
Generally, work will be conducted at the museum Monday through Friday during normal business hours; however, this role occasionally requires presence at after-hours or weekend events to collect and post content; a flex schedule is required to maintain work-life balance. It requires the ongoing and regular off-hour monitoring of and timely response to social channels to ensure positive public perceptions and interactions. Although the expectation is that the position resides within the region, consideration would be made for exceptional candidates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills with a demonstrated ability to produce compelling content
- Demonstrated ability to pitch, shoot and edit still photography, graphics and video content for the museum’s digital platforms, social media channels and communications initiatives.
- Ability to quickly create compelling, brand-aligned content for social media including creative use of text, links, imagery, emojis, cultural touchstones, brand elements, and other materials.
- Ability to quickly write brand-aligned text and copy edit text written by others.
- Previous experience maintaining a website using a CMS.
- E-commerce skills to support the Museum Store as needed.
- Extensive social media expertise and awareness, including with paid campaigns.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience pulling and using social media analytics.
- Warmth and a sincere love for working with diverse audiences.
- Experience with common business software.
- Ability to work autonomously, seeking direction and input at appropriate junctures.
- Kind and gracious. Ability to effectively collaborate with others.
Required Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in content creation and management
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, preferred
Preferred Qualifications and Abilities
- Previous experience in a cultural institution communication department.
- Background or familiarity with art, art history and contemporary art
- Ability to design digital e-campaigns (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp)
- Examples of previous work reflected in a professional portfolio
To apply, email a cover letter describing your interest and background and a resume, both in PDF format, to email@example.com with the subject line “Social and Digital Content Specialist SEARCH” by September 7, 2021. No phone calls. The Burchfield is an equal opportunity employer
Security and Facilities Attendant, Part Time
Burchfield Penney Art Center is searching for outgoing and friendly individuals to fill part-time positions as Security and Facilities Attendants. Security and Facility Attendants work between 15 to 20 hours per week and must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Responsibilities include ensuring the physical security for protection of people and cultural property of Museum. Perform routine security patrols. Enforce museum’s key and security badge control policy. Monitor and respond to alarms and evacuate when necessary. Report unauthorized activity, vandalism, theft, threats, or unsafe conditions to supervisor. Monitor CCTV equipment. Respectfully enforce all museum policies to visitors and staff. Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Required qualifications: excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills, engaging and friendly personality, and a flexible schedule. Prior museum experience a plus.
Send a résumé, list of three references, and a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA.