The Artists Among Us II: The Burchfield Penney's Members' Exhibition
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
The Artists Among Us II
On view from May 11- August 26, 2012
In the East Gallery
Opening Celebration: Friday, May 11 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
In recognition of the artists of Western New York and our role as the center of record for the arts of this region, the Burchfield Penney Art Center is very pleased to host the second members' exhibition in the museum’s history. This celebration of artistic expression in our community is important. It was fitting that the last exhibition in our Rockwell Hall galleries was our first members' exhibition—and now, more than 3 years after the new museum opened to the public, we are excited to host The Artists Among Us II.
- Artists must be members of the Burchfield Penney Art Center in good standing as of May 3, 2012 (or the date that artwork is delivered to the Burchfield Penney.)
- Presented work must have been created in the last two years
- Submissions are limited to one work per artist. Maximum size of work is 30 x 40 inches [framed] for two-dimensional work and no larger than 36 inches for any direction for 3-dimensional work.
- Work must arrive at the Burchfield Penney “ready to hang” – framed with hanging wire/rings attached.
- Time based media will be included on a first come basis. Work will be installed as appropriate and included with other media artists.
- Performance, spoken word, music and film are all welcome. Member artists are provided with 20-min time slots on select Thursdays throughout the run of the exhibition. Artists interested should email Don Metz at email@example.com. More details will available in the coming weeks.
*Members at the Family/Dual Level Membership level and higher may submit a maximum of two artworks per family/couple.
*Buffalo State College students, alumni, faculty and staff: please indicate your affiliation to Buffalo State.
- Work must be delivered to the Burchfield Penney from Monday, April 30 – Thursday, May 3 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day (until 9:00 p.m. Thursday).
- An opening reception is being held on Friday, May 11 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.The exhibition will be on view from Friday, May 11– Sunday, August 26, 2012.
- Work cannot be removed before this date. Work must be picked up from the Burchfield Penney Art Center from Monday, August 27 - Friday, Aug 31 at 5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day (9:00 p.m. Thursday).
- The museum reserves the right to dispose of work that is not collected as it sees fit.
Artists must deliver work to the Burchfield Penney Art Center no later than May 3, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. The museum will not store packing materials.
Works will be insured by the Burchfield Penney from the time of delivery until pickup. The museum assumes no responsibility for loss or damage while work is in transit.
Not a Member? Need to renew your membership?
For more information about The Artists Among Us II will be available in the coming weeks. In the meantime, questions can be addressed to Mary Helen Miskuly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Don Metz at email@example.com.