Wednesday, June 17, 2020
The Burchfield Penney Art Center will be reopening with new policies and procedures in place. The museum will reopen to members August 7-9, 2020 and to the general public August 14-16, 2020.
Museum hours of operation have been adjusted to allow ample time to sanitize after hours. The Center will be open to the general public Friday - Sunday from 11 AM - 4 PM. Early entry hours, 10 AM - 11 AM, are reserved for those at increased risk, including seniors, as well as members and first responders.
Thanks to the generosity of M&T Bank, admission will be free for all for a limited time. At this time, the museum will not host group gatherings or in-person programming, but will continue to provide online opportunities through Burchfield Connects, its virtual platform. The Burchfield Café and the Museum Store will be open during hours of operation.
The number of visitors will be capped at 225 at any time, 25 percent of the Center’s gallery capacity. Additional protocols to protect staff and visitors include:
- A single-directional flow throughout the building. Social distancing will be enforced with signage throughout the facility.
- All visitors, ages 2 and up, will be required to wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines, including maintaining a six-foot distance from others. The Center requires visitors to bring their own masks.
- Hand sanitation stations have been installed for staff and visitors.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Visitor Services reception desk and Museum Store.
- The Center will maintain a rigorous daily cleaning schedule and will frequently sanitize high touch areas, such as door handles and benches.
- Visitors and staff will enter and exit through designated doors to ensure social distancing. Museum staff will be wearing masks in all public areas.
We're getting ready to welcome you back to the Burchfield Penney. And when we do, admission to the Burchfield will be free to all, courtesy of M&T Bank.
Watch for an announcement of our re-opening date here soon. As a thank-you for their patience and support we'll be re-opening for our members first, and then to the general public.
Until then, know that your safety--and that of our staff--is of the utmost importance. We're taking social distancing, sanitization, and public health seriously--as we know you do--and making all the changes needed to ensure that when we re-open you can have a safe, enjoyable visit with family and friends.
When you return we'll have all-new exhibits to enjoy--artwork that will inspire, delight, and help us all reflect on the challenges we've been through, and the opportunities ahead.
Watch this page for more information. We hope to see you soon.